Video marketing should be a key part your strategy and the proof is in the statistics. Video will account for more than 85% of US web traffic in 2019 according to a recent study. If you’re still not convinced you should be using video at your business, here are 15 other powerful video marketing statistics that prove it’s value:
- Companies utilizing video see a 41% increase in search traffic compared to companies not using video (Forbes). The key is to focus on making better video, not a lot of videos. Instead of creating just to create, think about the type and quality of video you need to resonate with your audience based on your goals.
- 95% of consumers retain information through video, while only 10% retain the same information from reading (Forbes). So, meet your customers where they are and use the format they’ll appreciate.
- Two-thirds of businesses are incorporating video into their marketing strategy (Wyzowl). Don’t get left in the dust. Without incorporating video into your marketing strategy, you could be losing out to your competition.
- 84% of consumers have taken action after watching a video (Wyzowl). The key is to tell you story and educate your customer with video. Whether it’s a video that lives on the homepage of your website, or a Facebook advertisement that showcases your client testimonials, video continues to move buyers down the funnel.
- 85% of Facebook video is watched without the sound (Internet Trends Report 2018). The key takeaway here is that not all platforms should get the same video. You may consider creating different edits based on the locations your sharing the content. When creating a video for Facebook, add simple captions to the bottom of the video or text bars to provide context.
- 90% of consumers watch videos on their mobile devices (Wyzowl). So, create video with mobile screen sizing in mind. Make sure everything you shoot and edit appear mobile friendly, especially if they video is going to live on social media.
- Twitter says video on Twitter is 6x as likely to be retweeted as photos (Twitter). If you’re creating video, keep social media in mind as a way to amplify it. But remember, quality outweighs quantity for video.
- 79% of consumers would rather watch a video to learn about a product, than read text on a page ( Wyzowl). This one speaks for itself. You should be investing in video as a means to show rather than tell.
- 97% of businesses said that their explainer video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service (Wyzowl). This style video could live on your homepage, social channels, or function as a digital ad.
- 64% of marketers see video as the most difficult content to create (Ascend2). Video is about quality or quantity. Set clear goals and use resources, like a video production company, to create the best quality videos for your business. These are most likely to move the needle.
No matter what type of business you are, when you’re allocating your 2019 budget, investing in video marketing is a worthwhile spend. For example, Whole Street Productions worked with Metro East Humane Society and helped them tell their story to attract new volunteers using video. You can watch their video here.
Interested in learning how Whole Street Productions can help you create video content that will help you achieve your goals in 2019? Schedule a 30-minute consultation with us to learn more about the types of video content that could benefit your business.