When you’re planning a wedding, most couples are undertaking something unlike anything they’ve ever done before: planning the biggest party of their lives.
From choosing a wedding venue, color scheme, flower arrangements, cake, creating a guest list and hiring vendors like a caterer, photographer, videographer, band or DJ, and wedding planner, there are a lot of things to consider and even more to keep track of.
One question that commonly rises to the top: Should I hire a wedding videographer?
Throughout the years, we’ve captured more than 90 wedding videos for brides and grooms celebrating the most important weekend of their lives as a couple. We’ve heard countless couples share their thoughts on why choosing to hire a wedding videographer to capture their special weekend was one of the best decisions they made throughout the wedding planning process.
Here are some of our favorite reasons brides and grooms have shared that they’re most thankful they hired a wedding videographer:
- Relive the things you missed on your wedding day. No matter how hard you try, you cannot be everywhere at once on your wedding day. From getting a peek into what your bride or groom was doing in the moments leading up to seeing you at your first look, to guest interactions that happened at your cocktail hour or reception, there will be countless details from your wedding day that your video team will be able to catch that you didn’t see yourself. Having a wedding video that allows you to fully relive moments that you originally missed, will give you different perspective that you’ll be able to enjoy long after your special day has ended.
- Remember every word. Unlike photography, video serves as a time capsule, preserving all of the special things that your friends and family say on your wedding day that you’ll want to remember for years to come. From your tear-filled vows, to important toasts and speeches that will be given at your reception, video allows you to replay those special tributes word-for-word for as long as you both shall live. One bride said it best when she said that “photography reminds you that you laughed; while videography shows why you laughed.” Many brides and grooms have shared that they thought photography and video were an either/or decision they had to make while planning, when in reality, the two should be viewed as things that will complement each other and preserve different moments in unique, special ways.
- Star in your own music video. For so many brides and grooms, music is one of the biggest parts of planning their special day. From the song you walk down the aisle to, to your first dance, and the band or dj you choose to keep the crowd on their feet, in many ways, the music you choose becomes the soundtrack of your relationship that will give you goosebumps for years to come. Having a special piece like a wedding video that incorporates your favorite music evokes emotion in a way few other things can. We loved how one bride said that her wedding video was her chance to star in her very own music video when she shared the songs she wanted to be featured with the Whole Street Weddings team. How many times will you be able to say you did that in your life?
- Capture special moments with friends and family that will live on forever. Take it from any couple that’s ever walked down the aisle, your wedding day moves FAST! There will be so many details that you don’t realize are happening in the moment that you’ll want to remember in their entirety forever. Emotion-filled moments like a mother-son dance, a father walking his daughter down the aisle, the look on your faces when you’re cutting the cake or having your first dance, all of these moments truly come to life when they’re captured on video. Your wedding day will likely be one of the only days of your life where you’re surrounded by all of the people you love most in one room. Hiring a videographer allows you to relive those moments with those special people no matter how much life changes and time passes in the years to come.
- Make those that missed it feel like they were there. No matter how loved you are, the chance that 100% of your guest list will be able to make it to your wedding is statistically impossible. Whether it’s a friend who has a conflict, a grandparent who isn’t able to make the trip, or a niece or nephew who is too young to make the guest list, by hiring a wedding videographer, you’ll be able to share the details of your special day with them in a way that’s almost as good as the real thing.
At Whole Street Productions, we believe that there is a place for both photography and videography at your wedding. Videos are a way to relive your wedding day by traveling back to that moment in time. Emotions and interactions are captured through video, in a way that photographs cannot.
Don’t let video be the afterthought at your wedding. We have been lucky enough to shoot 90+ wedding videos in St. Louis and beyond, all for incredible couples who invited us along for the ride of one of the most important days of their lives.
Planning a wedding in 2019? We’d love to be a part of your special day. We’re now booking 2019 weddings and beyond. Drop us a note and let us know what you’re looking for.