From time immemorial, videos have been the preferred media for consuming information. From the good old TV commercials from the 1960s to YouTube videos, Instagram videos, Twitter videos, and even Facebook Live videos, it is evident that video has (and will continue to be) an integral part of our everyday lives.
Only a few years back, it was said that video would be the future of marketing, and the way that information is shared on the internet. Oh well, welcome to the future! In recent times, a lot of smart marketers and small business owners are beginning to recognize the enormous power that video has.
These marketers and business owners are beginning to move from other old methods of offline and online marketing to video marketing. After adopting video marketing as a core business marketing strategy, according to figures from Optin Monster, over 81% of video marketers have reported a sharp increase in sales. Also, over 88% of marketers and business owners said they are satisfied with the ROI of their business marketing efforts – stats from Oberlo shows.
Do you still need more facts and figures to understand how powerful and profitable video marketing is? Listed below are statistics from reputable sources that explain why video marketing needs to be the center of your business marketing strategy in 2019 and beyond:
- Including a video on a sales page can lead to an 80% increase in conversion rates – Unbounce
- After watching a video, 64% of the viewers are more likely to purchase a product or service – Hubspot
- An incredible 80% of users said they recall a video advert they watched even after 30 days post watching it – Hubspot
- By 2021, 82% of the total internet traffic is expected to be video views – Cisco
I can go on and on with more mind-boggling statistics to show how effective video marketing is now, and how it will continue to be in the future. But, I am guessing you already get the point by now. Right? Now that you have, let us look at five different ways that video marketing can boost your business’ growth.
Five Ways Video Marketing Can Boost Business Growth
- It Builds Instant Trust: Trust is the currency of online transactions, and if you know how to earn a lot of it fast, you will get sales faster. What is the easiest and fastest way to earn and build trust online? You guessed right – video!
With a video, you have a canvas to paint a story about your business and build an emotional connection with your audience. You also have the opportunity to “humanize” your marketing.
With the voice and personality of a person speaking directly to your audience in a video, they will be able to connect on a deeper level, build trust, and most likely buy.
- Video Improves Overall SEO of Your Business Website: According to Moovly, you are 53 times more likely to rank high in Google search if you embed a video on your website. Also, stats from an infographic on impactbnd.com indicates that using videos on your website is capable of driving up the organic traffic that you get from Google’s SERPs (search engine result pages) by up to a whopping 157%!
This Google traffic is all free traffic that you will get on $0,000.00 ad spend. Traffic that has the potential to convert into sales. All from using video! The general idea behind being able to pull in such amount of free traffic from Google is that having a video on your website will typically make your website videos stay longer on your site.
When visitors stay longer on your site, it is seen as a signal of quality and trust in the eyes of Google’s web crawlers. Being that Google wants to serve quality results to its users, your website will likely feature high in the search results for search terms related to your products or services.
For better Google rankings, make sure that your videos are of high quality. If you don’t know your way around professional video production, you can use a video creator or videography company that is into YouTube video production services. When you get the video created, upload to Youtube, and put appropriate titles, proper keywords and SEO optimized video description.
- Video Boosts Your Website’s Conversion Rate and Sales: Stats from a study showed that 74% of people who watched a product explainer video about a product, ended up buying the product. In another study, it was shown that adding a video to a landing page is capable of increasing the conversion rate by up to 80%.
The stats from both studies indicate how important it is to start featuring video in your marketing efforts – that is, if you don’t want to be leaving money on the table. If you are not able to make product explainer videos yourself, you can employ the help of a professional videographer or video production house for all your website video production.
- Video Increases The Reach of Your Brand: According to WordStream, video is shared across social media 1,200X more than regular text and image content combined! That’s incredible. Imagine the exposure (and sales) your business will get with such reach.
Not knowing how to create videos shouldn’t rob you of such brand exposure. Simply look for a production company or video creator that’s into web video production services, get a high-quality video done for your brand, upload to your social media channels, do a little promotion, and enjoy the reach!
- Video Based Ads Are Consumed More: Marketers who run video ads are killing it with higher CTR (click-through rates). The average CTR of video ads is estimated at 1.84%, and that’s higher than any other digital format ad can boast of. Video ads are highly engaging, so it is easy to see why users tend to click on them more.
Video Marketing Quick Tips
Now that you know the different ways that video marketing can help to boost your business, I am sure you are super pumped to launch a video marketing campaign. Right? Before you jump right in, here are three quick tips to keep in mind.
If you follow these tips, you should see better results from your video marketing efforts:
- Optimize For Mobile Users: Over 50% of video content is consumed on mobile devices. To appropriately serve that broad audience, you need to optimize your videos to meet the specifications of mobile devices.
Don’t know how to go about that? A simple YouTube tutorial can teach you how to. Alternatively, you can hire a video editor that offers video services to get it done for you without breaking a sweat.
- Keep it Short: Videos that are about two minutes long are reported to have the highest engagements. Cut out the fluff and get straight to the meat and potatoes of your product or service offering.
- Build Curiosity: You can pull more users to watch your video by injecting a dose of curiosity in the beginning and end of your video. You can start your videos with engaging questions or interesting stories. You can get users to take your desired action after watching your video by ending with cliffhangers. Be creative.
Video marketing is the present and future of digital marketing. The best time to have adopted video marketing as the core of your business marketing strategy was a year or two ago. The second best time is now. Today!
As a marketer or small business owner, a lack of video production skills shouldn’t deter you from snatching your slice from the ROI pie that video marketing serves. You can learn the ropes from watching web video production tutorials online.
On the flip side, if you are not one to sacrifice your precious time on the altar of a steep learning curve, then you can employ the capable hands of a video production company. If you are in the St. Louis area and environs and looking for St. Louis video production companies, then search no further.
The video geeks at Whole Street Productions will be more than happy to hold you by the hand and walk you through the intricate process. You can view some of our amazing works here, and if you are ready to leap, you can contact us.