The Benefits of Video Marketing: Why You Should Start Today
Are you a business owner or entrepreneur looking for a way to grow your brand? Are you currently using video to advertise said brand? If not, video marketing may be the perfect solution for you. Video remains a key priority for marketers with usage and spend both, overall, increasing in 2021, and plans to increase again in the next 12 months. Per Hubspot
Video marketing is one of the most effective ways to reach and engage your target audience. By creating engaging video content, you can reach a larger audience, generate more leads, and build trust and credibility with your customers.
Not sure where to start? Don't worry! In this blog post, we'll give you an overview of why video marketing is important and some tips on how to get started. Keep reading to learn more!
The Benefits of Video Marketing
As we mentioned above, video marketing is one of the most effective ways to reach and engage your target audience. But why is video marketing so important?
There are a few key reasons:
- SEO is hugely impacted by video content.
In 2022, video will account for more than 82% of US web traffic -15 times higher than it was in 2017. Google, Facebook, Instagram, and more, all put heavy emphasis on video and weigh it heavily on ranking. Simply put, the more video you produce, the easier it’s going to be for people to find you online.
- Video can be used to generate leads through calls-to-action and CTAs.
We all know how important a call-to-action button is for generating leads, but what about video? If you want your website visitors to take the next step in their journey and convert on whatever product they're interested with ease, then it's time consider adding some high quality content.
- Video allows you to build trust and credibility with your customers by showing them who you are, what you stand for, and what your products or services can do for them.
By sharing your story, you humanize your brand and allow potential buyers to connect on a more personal level. In addition to the reasons mentioned above, there are a few other key benefits of video marketing:
- Video is more engaging than other types of content.
After watching a video, 64% of the viewers are more likely to purchase a product or service according to TubularInsights
- Video is easy to share and can go viral.
TikTok is becoming an invaluable resource for all types of businesses because of the simplicity of capturing great info or funny moments and sharing them in short, easily digestible pieces of video.
- Video is versatile and can be used in a variety of marketing campaigns.
Whether adding a brand film to your website or promoting a paid YouTube video, the applications are limitless.
Now that you know a little bit more about the benefits of video marketing, let's move on to some tips for creating engaging video content.
Tips for Creating Engaging Video Content
Creating engaging video content is vital to the success of your video marketing campaign. Luckily, it's not as difficult as it may seem! Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Keep it short and sweet: People have short attention spans, so make sure your videos are no more than 2-3 minutes long.
- Get to the point: Start with a strong hook and make sure each video has a clear purpose. Your first 5 seconds is imperative to grab the viewer’s attention before they click away.
- Be creative: Use visuals, storytelling, and humor to engage your viewers.
Now that you know how to create engaging video content, let's move on to how you can use video marketing to achieve your business goals. There are a few key ways you can use video marketing to achieve your business goals, such as:
How to Use Video Marketing to Achieve Your Business Goals
Before first diving into producing new video content, you must first decide what types of videos you plan to create. Some people find simple live broadcasts, like Facebook Live, to be effective and efficient. But you may also want to up the ante and aim for a more polished type of commercial video.
Whatever you decide to do, it’s very important that you have a strategy plan so that you’re not wasting time and missing out on the audience that you truly want to attract.
Use these suggestions to help give focus and a clear mission for your video content:
- Increasing brand awareness: Video is an incredibly powerful way to increase brand awareness and reach a larger audience. Use video in your marketing campaigns to get your name out there!
- Generating leads: Use calls-to-action and CTAs in your videos to encourage viewers to take action. Using videos in sales funnel or other paid advertising is a fantastic way to capture attention and convert that into potential leads for your business.
- Building trust and credibility: Show your customers who you are, what you stand for, and what your products or services can do for them. This will help build trust and credibility with your audience.
Now that you know a little bit more about video marketing, we hope you'll start using it in your own marketing campaigns!
Video marketing is a powerful tool that should be included in every business's marketing strategy. By following the tips outlined in this blog post, you'll be well on your way to creating successful video marketing campaigns that reach and engage your target audience. Thanks for reading!
Check out all of our work and info on previous projects, at Whole Street Productions.com